High Net Worth
McKinnon Patten & Associates LLC, a Dallas CPA firm provides a full range of services to high net worth individuals including income tax planning, tax return preparation and individualized financial and estate planning strategies. Our client base includes many corporate executives, as well as entrepreneurs and owners of closely held businesses. McKinnon Patten & Associates LLC’s team of CPAs are qualified professionals who guide individual and family clientele in all areas of personal finance. We begin with the notion that each client is unique, and continue by creating a customized tax and financial planning program that fits. To ensure these strategies are implemented in the most efficient and cost-effective manner, we coordinate interaction with our clients’ attorneys, financial planners and all other members of their overall advisory team.
At McKinnon Patten & Associates LLC, we take a proactive approach in providing a high level of service to our clients. By keeping abreast of the constantly changing tax laws and legislation, we are in a position to identify key tax planning opportunities that minimize current and future tax liabilities for our clients. Through ongoing dialogue with our clients, we are able to provide the necessary tools to maximize their current and future tax savings.
We offer a wide variety of services, including, but not limited to:
- Individual Tax Return Preparation
- Quarterly Income Tax Projections and Multi Year Tax Planning
- Estate and Trust Tax Planning and Return Preparation
- Not for Profit Organization Planning and Return Preparation
- Taxing Authority Representation for Audits and Examinations
- Divorce and Child Support Tax Planning
- Household Help Return Preparation
Our goal is to provide exemplary income tax preparation and tax planning services for our high net worth individual clientele. Our goal is to ensure that our clients and their families preserve the maximum portion of their income through creative Federal and State tax planning. We provide year-round quarterly income tax projections to keep our clients apprised of their specific tax situation and allow for strategic tax planning to minimize their taxes and maximize their cash flow. We specialize in providing tax planning for clients who actively trade in the financial markets. We advise clients on compensatory stock options, residency issues and audits, financial planning techniques related to low-basis concentrated stock positions, divorce and child support issues, and tax-efficient personal financing. In addition, we pride ourselves on working as a team with estate attorneys, other financial planning firms and other client advisors in order to streamline the tax preparation and planning process for our clients.
Our estate planning specialists will work to assist your attorneys and other advisors to implement a comprehensive estate plan incorporating the latest in estate tax legislation. During the estate planning process we strive to understand your future goals and provide you with strategic alternatives to meet those goals.
The services that we provide in the estate planning area include:
- Clarifying your family goals
- Estimating estate taxes under existing estate plans
- Devising various sophisticated alternatives to the current estate plans and quantifying potential tax savings
- Reviewing issues related to interests in closely-held businesses
- Developing a lifetime gift program utilization alternatives such as family limited partnerships, Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts (GRATS), charitable trusts, insurance trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts
- Ensuring that the estate plan is properly implemented
- Visit our Estate and Trust CPA Firm website for more information.
Contact us to Request a Consultation, or call Mark Patten at 214-696-1922 to discuss how we can help you.