Business owners and entrepreneurs are faced with many challenges on a day-to-day basis, such as business development and growth, rising overhead costs, regulatory issues and tax exposures and other complications. At McKinnon Patten & Associates LLC, a Dallas CPA firm, our professionals have expertise across a broad range of industries and will guide you through these issues and assist you in developing sound and effective solutions.
Our tax professionals utilize their experience and expertise to examine tax issues from the client's perspective, minimizing the tax burden through planning, financial forecasting, and constant monitoring of changes in tax laws and regulations. We believe that the best way to maximize tax savings and for us to deliver our high-quality tax service is through ongoing proactive tax planning conducted throughout the year.
McKinnon Patten & Associates LLC is fully staffed to meet the tax compliance, assurance and advisory needs of your business ranging from basic tax compliance to complex issues involving structuring business transactions, corporate restructurings, and mergers and acquisitions. We are also very focused on the specialized needs of inter-generational businesses, such as succession planning, estate and financial planning, family office management and transitional services.
The services we provide to entrepreneurial businesses include:
- Evaluating entity structures, providing recommendations for alternative structures, and assisting in the implementation of such recommendations
- Preparation of corporate and flow-through entity tax returns
- Tax advisory and structuring services
- Representing and consulting with regard to Federal, State and local audits
- Advising, structuring and reporting related to multi-State tax matters, such as income apportionment for businesses operating in more than one state as well as combined reporting and unitary reporting requirements
- Audits, reviews and compilations
- Internal control reviews
- Advising with business plans
- Evaluating strategic financing
- Business valuation and fairness opinions
- Pre and post IPO planning
- Compensation, restricted stock, options and other employee benefit structuring and planning
- Group health, retirement plan and other employee benefit structuring
- Acquisition, merger and sale advisory services
- Inter-generational tax and estate planning
- FAS 109 and FIN 48 reporting
Contact us to Request a Consultation, or give us a call today at 214-696-1922 and ask for Mark Patten for more information about our services for entrepreneurial businesses.